onsdag 9. januar 2013

Fun, work, remix, upperclass and other things

Good evening.

I'm just recovering from the pain of laughing too much after watching the Monty Python intro to the latest Family Guy episode.

It has been a day of listening, editing and refining the takes from yesterday's recording session in pop-land. Or pop-ish. As always in these situations I can't say who, what or where, but me and my songwriting partner are currently co-writing with a rather well-known singer and celebrity in our little country. A brilliant singer I think.

Still making progress on the album, I finally linked two ideas I've had for a while, and they just belong together. I can't believe I didn't hear it before. In my mind it's a little bit of Genesis - Behind The Lines, and Dream Theater - Metropolis. Classic prog inspirations, eh?

In other news, Sir Jem Godfrey, captain of the good ship Frost* and master of the keyboards was kind enough to feature my little remix of 'The Other Me' on his blog. Needless to say, the little fanboy in me is still going "WEEEEEEE!" and jumping up and down. It's a huge honour. Thank you so much.

Also, this weekend I'm doing my first ever lounge piano gig. I still don't quite know what to play, but there will be lots of improv, and a couple of Zappa tunes have been requested. So I'm learning 'Sofa' and 'Uncle Remus'. Family friendly Zappa songs.

So yes, lots of different things going on at the moment. Certainly enough to keep me inspired.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar